ShareThis

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Summer!

This is a manicure I did over the weekend because I wanted something with a little ZING to really shine in the sunlight.  We haven't had many summery days here in Boston - I actually find myself missing those 90 degree days from Indiana!  Oh - and it's supposed to be 97F today here in Boston.  Wish I could go to the beach instead of work!!

I started with a base of Zoya Charisma, which is a beautiful neon magenta color. The pictures make it look pink, but it's actually a deeper red violet color.   Charisma is lovely on her own and will be featured again in an upcoming mani I have planned.  Over the top of Charisma I applied 2 full coats of Orly Bubbly Bombshell.

OBB is a clear base packed full of small magenta colored glitter.  Take her out into the sunshine and she burns your retinas with her glow!  The depth of this glitter is really unique too.  Bubbly Bombshell has been sitting in my stash unused for months and I'm glad I finally took her for a test drive!






5 comments:

  1. Very pretty!!! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently in the 90 degree Indiana weather...and it is miserable. But this glitter is definitely cheering me up with all the sparkles! This combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. festive glitter so perfect for a hot first day of summer!! pretty hot and miserable here too (st. louis). Love this combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.