ShareThis

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Simple Valentine Faux nad

Have you ever just had one of those days?  How about one of those weeks?  About 2 weeks ago I broke the corner off one of my nails on my picture hand.  So since my right hand looked pretty decent, I switched to taking photos of my off hand while the break grew out.  Last week I broke the corner off a nail on my off hand.  ARGH.  So I went back to my left hand (which had had 7-10 days to grow out and was easier to hide the break).  And yesterday I broke another corner on my left hand...  Someone is definately trying to tell me something.  So I bit the bullet and just chopped them all off to be the same length so they can grow out strong and split free. I prefer my nails square, but for the purpose of growing them out I went ahead and tapered them to give them extra strength.   It annoys me so much when I break a nail; and I've had a real hard time getting them back into good condition this winter.  So here are pics of my super nubs proving that short nails can be pretty too!

Today's post is a super easy Valentine's Day mani combining some simple sponging with stamping.

I started with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Pink Blink which is a light pink, then sponged over it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pink (which is a darker pink) and Pure Ice Superstar to give it some depth.

After it was fully dry I stamped with Sally Hansen Color Quick Fast Dry pen in Red Chrome and Red Angel plate 114.  If you haven't tried these pens for stamping yet, they work really well but dry SUPER fast so you have to work very quickly.



Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Arrghh! I hate when nails break!! I just filled mine right down as well! Love this mani. The colour is lovely and the sponging behind the stamping really works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Perfect for Valentine's Day ;)
    Btw: I tagged you with the 11 questions tag! More info on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.