ShareThis

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Abstract Dots

Hi all! Long time no post!  When I wasn't busy I just could NOT for the life of me think of anything exciting to do to my nails. But I think I'm finally back into the swing of things so hopefully that means more regular posts for you guys. It's weird not having a post up every day or every other day!


The base is Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud (sidenote: These SH CSM bottles are ridiculously hard to hold and get a good picture with....off topic) and the big dots are made with:  white acrylic paint, China Glaze 108 Degrees, China Glaze Entourage and Essie French Affair. I just used a tiny dotting tool and a small nail art brush to do the detail work. The UBER tiny dots are made with the point of a pushpin! I don't have a dotting tool that small ;-)



This design is based off of a background I saw on ShutterStock. That's a great place to look for inspiration if you can't think of what to do, btw :)

Hope everyone's having a fabulous week!

31 comments:

  1. This mani looks so cute :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, a fab pick me up in the dreary month of January, well in Manchester England anyway!

    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and such a great idea you had :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest design - great job, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love these1

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, this is delightful. i love how clean it is but still quite graphically bold :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE IT!!! sooo cute and creative

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm saving this for inspiration. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When all else fails, dotting tools are a great go-to for inspiration. I used them last night after a small hiatus of regular posting too! I'm really digging the Sally Hansen base color. I wish the complete salon manicure polishes weren't so obnoxious to apply!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with this mani!!! So pretty ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is totally awesome and completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, such a happy design!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this is SERIOUSLY amazing - love it !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design, this looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy cow! this is gorgeous! i love love love it!! very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable. What a very creative way to play up a white base. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! This is absolutely awesome! I cannot even believe how much I am loving this! Really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. admiring this... again... and i just wanted to say that the work looks so clean and beautiful that it could probably be mistaken for wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This mani looks so cute! Lol it's funny how you said the bottle is hard to hold. Awkward shaped haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty and sweet! Such a great manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally love this! So pretty! I love patterns like this. It reminds me of a Takashi Murakami design which I've been wanting to do for ages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.