ShareThis

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Candy Hearts



Hi all! After a series of frustrating manis that I wasn't proud of, I think I finally did one that I'm happy with. The inspiration from this came from a pair of pajama pants that I have! They're white with multi-colored hearts. I was laying in bed reading last night and thought they'd make a darn cute mani!

I started off the mani with skittles! From thumb to pinky: Wet 'n' Wild - How I Met Your Magenta, Zoya - Jancyn, Pure Ice - Superstar, Sally Hansen - Grass Slipper, and Sally Hansen - Barracuda.


Then I painted on the little hearts with acrylic paint. Which was hard to do because I needed a shorter bristled brush...but I think it came out well for what I had. Mixing all the colors was a pain though :) Outlined in black because it wasn't POPPING enough and sealed with Seche Vite! Weird though...it's like the acrylic paint sucked up the top coat and it looked...sticky? I put another one after I took the pics and it looks okay now...but still...odd.
Hope you all have a FABULOUS day!

-Amanda

5 comments:

  1. Very cute .... great combination of colors and the hearts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love how everyday things can be such a great inspiration at times. I think it turned out really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a darn cute design, the hearts are perfect and I love your color combo's! Maybe you can do a tutorial on this look once?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea♥

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.