ShareThis

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Revlon Carbonite ruffian

While browsing in Meijer on my lunch hour on Thursday I found a display of this special limited edition Revlon polish.  There were only two left.  So I picked it up along with a bottle of something else I had specifically stopped for and came home with my treasure.  And - OMG girls! - treasure it is!

Carbonite is A-MAZ-ING!  I fell in love with this one instantly.  It's smooth, well pigmented and covers in one coat.  It applied like a dream, dried fast and is everything I think a polish should be.  Way to go, Revlon!  This was a pleasure to work with and has shot straight to the top of my favorites list.

This is 2 coats.  (yes I know I said its a one coater and it is - I just dinged a couple nails and was too lazy to remove it so instead I applied another coat.)






Love this.  love Love LOVE!

For the ruffian I started with a small brush to set the ruffian cuticle line and Pure Ice Superstar, because its a nice opaque white.  The 2nd coat was Superstar with the regular bottle brush.  And then I used a coat of Sally Hansen Polar Bare on top just to smooth out the brush strokes, as it's a nice sheer white.  It's weird.  And bizarre.  And so offbeat.  Amanda says it looks like robot fingers.  But I like things that are off the beaten path and I like expressing myself through my manicure.  I don't want to be like everyone else! :)







The only thing I regret on this mani is that the white polish covered up the beauty of the Carbonite.  I plan on doing another manicure with Carbonite that will really showcase how pretty it is. 

Oh, and before I go, I have to tell you all about the weird dream I had last night.  I'm sure you all will appreciate it and find it funny.  I'm being held captive in this locked room in this underground city.  Fast forward to me finally finding the key to the locked room and escaping as the time bomb is ticking down to detonation.  As I'm running down the long hallways and corridors of the underground town there are these displays of nail polish and cosmetics like what you'd find on the endcaps at drug and discount stores.  I keep stopping at all these displays and scooping all the different colors of nail polish into my purse saying "if this place is gonna blow up they won't be needing these".  Then I continue my escape out of the city.  Someone is trying to tell me something, aren't they? :-/

2 comments:

  1. I love it with the white crescents.

    LOL! That is a weird dream. If I were in your shoes, I would do the exact same thing. No need to leave perfectly good polishes behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-that is one freaky dream! I hope when the bomb doesn't go off, you didn't get arrested for shoplifting!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.