ShareThis

Friday, April 1, 2011

Orly Spark and dreaming of daffodils

I've been seeing daffodils popping up everywhere the last week or so and I wanted to do a manicure that was inspired by the flash of color from these harbingers of spring. I started out with Orly Spark, which is a nice medium yellow creme. I had some issues with brush strokes and needed 3 coats to get it to look smooth.


My intention at this point was to stamp some konad flowers over it with a nice opaque orange. I chose Zoya Tangy because its a creme that covers well. Unfortunately it didn't lend itself well to stamping and the effect was more subtle than I wanted. Learning experience, right? I still stink at getting my design centered.


So, happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.