ShareThis

Saturday, March 12, 2011

St. Patrick's Day manicure

Today was one of those manicure from hell days. I think I was trying to rush so I could snap pictures before I lost daylight. I wanted to do an accent nail this time, but I still wanted it to be somewhat subtle. I started out with Orly Primetime and SV Base Coat then applied China Glaze Midnight Kiss on my ring fingers. I did the ring fingers first so I don't absent-mindedly polish over my accent nail with the manicure color. So what do you think I did when I went to apply my base color (Zoya Ivanka)? Yep - I polished right over my accent nail. So I had to take the whole thing off and redo it. I managed to finally finish all 10 fingers then stamped my ring finger with a shamrock from Bundle Monster plate 03 and Konad Special Polish Green. I'm still a noob at Konad. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated trying to center a design and said 'forget it, this is just not for me'. This one came out relatively decent, although it still is a little off center. I am slowly improving though :)


After this step I applied a layer of SV top coat and taped off my nails for a funky french using the China Glaze Midnight Kiss. I think I tried to rush this step because when I took the tape up it pulled some of my polish up with it. I was able to salvage it and get it to look decent and set it all with another coat of SV.


So that's my St. Patrick's Day mani, although it probably won't stay on my fingers till St. Patrick's Day. I do love the depth and sparkle of this Zoya Ivanka. The China Glaze was a bit tricky to work with and I had some trouble with brush strokes but I think that's a problem with most foil polishes.

Till next time!
Melissa

1 comment:

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.